President Muhammadu Buhari has signed nine bills into law that were previously passed by the eighth National Assembly.
Golden News Now reports that the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang, made this known in a chat with journalists on Wednesday, July 3.
Senator Enang also revealed that President Buhari rejected another seventeen out of the three hundred and eighteen bills passed by the Eighth National Assembly.
The President’s Senior Special Assistant added that Buhari decided not to communicate with the Ninth Assembly on the rejection of those bills because the new lawmakers cannot take any decision on the rejected bills as prescribed by the law.
Senator Enang, however, promised to engage the leadership of both chambers of the National Assembly on the rationale behind the rejection of the bills.
Enang listed the bills signed by the President to include…
1. Police Trust Fund Act
2. Nigeria Natural Medicine Establishment Act
3. FCT Management Board and Health Insurance
4. Institute of Transport Administration of Nigeria Bill
5. National Institute of Construction Technology and Management (Establishment) bill
6. National Agricultural Seed Council bill
7. Agriculture Credit Guarantee Scheme Fund (Amendment)
8. FCT Primary Healthcare Board.
9. Suppression of Piracy and other Maritime Defence Bill.