Mrs. Duanjan said she discovered the poison when she went to collect water for cooking rice.
“I saw my son went downstairs and putting something on the jar around 2am. I asked him what he was doing but he didn’t answer and returned to his room. So, I let it go and went back to bed.
“I still didn’t believe that he could do this. I know that he gets angry very easily. We tried our best to deal with his anger but this time it has become too much.”
Duanjan later admitted he had put the poison in the family’s water supply because he was still aggrieved after being prevented from playing his smartphone game.
According to Mrs. Duanjand, the family called the local authorities for help in curbing the son’s violent behaviour.
More so, the mother added: “We wanted government officers to take him for treatment at the hospital because we don’t want to live in fear wondering when he would attack us again”.
“He plays on his phone so much, I think that’s what makes him stressed. It’s hard to stop him as he’s a grown boy now. So we have asked for help.”